Special case treatments
This dental service consists of:
90% of the patients who undergo dental surgical procedures choose to be intravenously sedated for their comfort and the safety of the procedure.
For the patient’s safety, after the dental evaluation an echocardiogram with the anaesthetist is mandatory in order to run all the tests required before undergoing the surgery.
The general anaesthesia is a very safe technique and it entails the continuous monitoring of the vital signs during the surgery.
The anaesthetic is performed through inhalation with the help of nitrous oxide also known as the comic gas and it offers the patient a relaxation state. It is ideal for children but also for the patients afraid of needles or the noise made by the dental turbine.
- 95% plaque is on the tongue surface
- Advanced periodontal diseases
- Incorrectly performed fillings
- Gastro-intestinal issues
- Breathing problems
- Xerostomia (dry mouth)
- Correct daily brushing, after each meal
- Use of dental floss
- Use of antiseptic mouthwash
- Quit smoking
- Dental prevention twice a year
- Cleaning the tongue with specific instruments
The Oral ID is the only equipment in the world recognized by the American Dental Association for being able to trace any type of oral cancer in its incipient phase.
Two minutes are enough to intraoral scan the soft tissues of the mouth cavity with the purpose of detecting oral cancer, pre-cancer and the HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). The test is painless, it does not irradiate and it is recommended to be performed twice a year.
Oral Cancer Screening is the safest way of testing for oral cancer available in Romania.
Any type of drugs and performing X-rays must be avoided as much as possible in the first pregnancy trimester. Also, anesthesia can be performed with due diligence because the child’s organs are developing in this period. Any external stimuli can affect the organs and it can have severe repercussions on the fetus.
It is recommendable to undergo dental treatment during the second trimester.
Also during the pregnancy, the following facts must be taken into account:
- Anaesthesia is not to be performed with anaesthetics containing adrenaline
- Dental extractions must be avoided as much as possible during the first trimester and the last month of the pregnancy but they can be done between the 4th and the 6th month
- Routine X-rays and those for non-urgent treatment should be postponed until after giving birth
Dental problems during the pregnancy:
- Gum problems are the dental pathology specific for pregnant women – they appear in the second and the third month and they reach their peak during the 5th and the 7th month of pregnancy
- Dental cavity increases by 20% during pregnancy
- Dental hyperesthesia
- Periodontosis – the first and second degree of dental mobility can be installed
In order to avoid problems during the pregnancy, you must have a healthy diet, correct dental hygiene and close collaboration with the dentist.
Periodontosis is a chronic inflammatory affection of the gum. It manifests itself at the level of the tissue that sustain the teeth – gums, periodontal ligament, alveolar bone. It can lead to teeth loss because of the soft tissue loss and the loss of the bone maintaining the teeth.
The main cause of periodontosis is plaque. The daily brushing, use of dental floss and the regular professional cleaning can lower the chances of the disease’s appearance.
Periodontosis treatments depend on the type of disease diagnosed and also on the measurements of the periodontosis defects on the periodontosis diaphragm +/- the help depending on the DIODA laser.
– Hyaluronic acid is also helpful in the case of periodontosis surgeries
-Tthe enamel matrix derivative Emdogain – adjuvant measures to help in the treatment depending on the circumstances and demands
– Bio-Oss / Bio Gide are the materials which help predicting a periodontosis treatment according to the last 25 years studies and recorded cases.
Using the dental microscope in Endodontics consistently improves the visibility of the details, as follows:
- Enlarging the radicular canals between 2, 4 and 19 times makes the treatments have a higher success rate
- Increased Endodontics treatment precision – with the help of the microscope even microcracks and fractures on the tooth surface can be spotted
- Correct diagnosis
- It allows saving the tooth
- It facilitates a better communication with the patient due to the possibility of taking pictures and/or recordings during the Endodontic treatment
- A larger part of the healthy dental structure can be saved.
Only the dentist can establish in the first visit if the patient needs a mouth guard or not, after establishing the occlusion.
Snoring can cause a series of complications which can directly affect the health condition and the life quality. The studies show that snoring affects 20% of the population: 3/5 men and 2/5 women snore after turning 45.
Apnea represents cutting off the air flow at the nose and mouth level for at least 10 seconds during sleep.
The snoring causes are:
- The edem of the breathing mucus due to flu, rhinitis and sept deviations
- Vices such as smoking, drinking or using sedatives which lead to the narrowing of the breathing airways and the persisting of snoring
- Atony and hypotonia of the tongue muscles
- Nasal polyps
The dentist can notice alteration in the mucus during the different treatments such as swollen uvula or edems of the peripharynx region. Then the patient is asked about snoring and he can be directed to an ENT specialist for a thorough check-up.
Diabetes patients are a very common case in dental field and the ideal management is the divided medical care performed by the diabetes doctor, endocronologist, cardiologist and the dentist of course.
Diabetes can lead to several complications:
- Deficitary wound healing
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Favorable in the case of total edentation.
Diabetes is a disease that can affect the whole body, including the mouth cavity. Dental care is extremely important for diabetics because they have a higher risk of developing dental problems than the people without this disease due to the poorly maintained blood sugar levels. The harder to control the sugar level, the higher the amount of dental problems.
Questions and answers
For more information on questions that you might have, go to the questions and answers page.